bookwookiee

Atonement
Ian McEwan
Oryx and Crake
Margaret Atwood

Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week - Isa Chandra Moskowitz After a few discouraging Amazon orders and an uninspiring visit to my local bookshop, I decided to see what our public library had in the way of veggie and vegan cooking. I checked this book out, along with a few others, as a way to research which ones I actually wanted to purchase. Having paged through it a few times, I think it’s safe to say I’ll be making room for Isa Does It on my counter top. I was actually expecting Veganomicon to win the bid for my dollars, but in the end, this book was much more accessible.

The introductory section of Veganomicon is waaaay more detailed than this introduction, but there are still enough tips and tricks to get me started. Where Isa Does It really takes the cake, though, is in the photographs. That was the only thing Veganomicon was lacking, but it’s a big thing to lack. Everyone has their own preference, but I can’t get into a cookbook with no pictures. I’ve tried to no avail. I know, I’m probably missing out, but it can’t be helped. For a starter vegan cookbook, I don’t see how you can go wrong with this. We’re going to test out a recipe or two, and if all goes well we’ll be adding it to our collection. Maybe in a year or so we’ll be ready to upgrade to Veganomicon.