bookwookiee

Atonement
Ian McEwan
Oryx and Crake
Margaret Atwood

The Complete Illustrated Guide to Herbs: A Simple Guide to Using Herbs for Healing - Non Shaw What a beautiful little book! I found this in a discount bin at Barnes & Noble and grabbed it on an impulse. Non Shaw gives a succinct introduction to herbalism and its history in various cultures, along with various herbalist theories. Not being particularly versed in herbalism’s history, this was all new to me, and I found it accessible and inviting. The sections on the chemical components of herbs and tips on growing, gathering, maintaining, and preparing herbs for use are detailed and incredibly useful. I’m particularly excited to try making my own infused oils. After the introductory sections, individual herbs are highlighted. The various parts of the plant are examined for their unique applications, and Shaw explains how and why it has beneficial effects. I think I’ll be referring to this regularly for the next few months.