bookwookiee

Atonement
Ian McEwan
Oryx and Crake
Margaret Atwood

Rachael Ray's Kitchen Companion: More Than 200 All-New 30-Minute Recipes and More - Rachael Ray, Tina Rupp This is one big cookbook. Monstrous, even. I found some of the sections a little odd, as well as the ordering - holiday menus, from my family to yours, starters and snacks (not an unusual section, but it’s the second to last section, would have expected it near the beginning). However, there were other sections that you don’t usually see outside of speciality cookbooks, but are fantastic - meals for one, kosher meals, burgers. The vegetarian section actually has some great recipes, which isn’t always the case unless you buy a strictly vegetarian cookbook.

In a book this size - 200+ recipes - not every recipe has an accompanying photograph, which is a drawback for me. I know it’s not a must have for everyone, but if I can’t salivate over a picture first, chances are good I won’t end up making it. The other thing I’ve come to expect from cookbooks are a section on tips and tricks for cooking the recipes within, which is not include. Another trend in recent years is to include nutritional information, which is missing here. Again - that’s not a must have for everyone, but it bumps it down a notch for me. All in all it was fun to page through and I have more than one recipe bookmarked.